Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

What Did You Do (for 5 minutes) Over Summer Vacation?

5 minute oil studies on canvas paper
from Jennifer Balkan class
Some things I did? Hmmmm... spent good time with Sharkboy and Lavagirl (Mr. Right has been working waaaay too much!), did a lot of volunteer work and got ready to do a whole bunch more, visited some colleges and the farmer's market. I stayed up late at night and slept late in the morning which isn't at all like me. I played in the studio making art a lot. Different kinds of art. Wildly inspiring, messy and for me, exciting art. More about that later.

A thing to love about this summer was a series of classes I took from one of my all-time favorite artists - and now a favorite person as well - Jennifer Balkan. She welcomed our little group into her studio where she had lovely models and soft samba music and we painted quick, nude studies with only 3 values -- surrounded by her beautiful work. Lovely. Click on her name above to check out her paintings. Even more lovely.

Some things I didn't do: I didn't blog. Please forgive my absence, Gentle Followers. I'll be here when I can and miss you terribly when I can't.

3 comments:

carol morgan carmichael said...

Hey long, lost friend! Sounds like you have been doing all the right things this summer. Lucky you to get to take from Jennifer. Her work is quirky great!

Angela Elledge said...

Your summer sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for introducing me to Jennifer's work - Wow! My summer was busy building a new art studio - small, but just what I need, yes, it was a perfect summer!

Linda Popple said...

Love Jennifer's work! So fortunate for you to take from her. Glad you are back to blogging!!

Sounds like your summer is full of great times!