Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'd Recognize You Anywhere

Playing With Genetic Markers
12x12, oil on masonite
email for info
I recently spent the better part of a day roaming the UT campus and the Blanton Museum of Art. What a luxury and a feast for the eyes, people-watching wise. This is Inigo Manglano-Ovalle's trio of photographic prints titled Jin, Calvin and Lisa and is based on the DNA sequencing of those three individuals. Facinating portraits and the thought process behind Manglano-Ovalle's work was intriguing. I enjoyed a brief chat with this lovely little lady in the pale yellow cardigan.

2 comments:

Stephen Parker said...

Welcome back, Mitzi.

I didn't comment on yesterday's post, since the subject was painted before your sabbatical (busiest sabbatical I ever heard of, by the way).

So, now that I know your back AND painting — beautiful job! Jin Calvin and Lisa bear quite a resemblance, don't they?

LindaHunt said...

Very nice compositon and I like the pattern of the elements in the 3 panels set against the figure. Nice painting.