Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's Raining, It's Pouring

watercolor in Moleskin
as always, click on image for larger view
The blessed rain keeps me from hauling anything new I've painted outdoors to photograph so it's back to the archives for something I can just pop down on the scanner. I sketched this during a family driving vacation to visit relatives. St. Louis is a terrific town, for kids and for tourists. Highly recommended! Fourth of July fireworks over the Mississippi River while sitting under the Gateway Arch is thrilling and not to be missed!

Bear with me if my posts for the next weeks are farther apart. I'm loving the two painting classes I'm taking this fall (!) but they take a chunk of time and neither are geared towards finished paintings. That coupled with ailing grands and greats, 2 schools, 2 sports... well, you get the idea. Please stay with me, gentle followers. You really can't imagine how much I value your support.

2 comments:

Laurel Daniel said...

Ah, blessed rain... maybe the sports will get rained out and you can paint today! Oh, did I say that? :) XOXO

Stephen Parker said...

Mitzi, what a great blog. You have a true creative spirit, and it shows in both the work and the blog. Really nice work.