Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Time to Paint but Not to Post

TTYL
6x6 oil on panel

I'm facinated by the number of uber-talented artists who paint, for lack of a better description, red-nosed women. And I'm totally bewitched by their subjects. There is Milt Kobayashi, Malcolm Liepke, Linda K. Smith, Kim Roberti, Michael Carson... sorry I don't have time right now to link their names to their websites but check back... I will. Or just 'google' them. All totally fabulous. What inspiration! So this week I'm trying my hand at a new (tiny but popular) canvas size - 6x6 - and red-nosed women.

I've gotten to paint every day... it's the photography and blog posting that hasn't bubbled up to the top of the list. We're all celebrating last night's glorious rain and Lavagirl's 13th birthday today. Her BFFs are coming for a slumber party and we've got an art project planned... hopefully I'll report success. She's such a blessing to my life. Mmwah, my darling daughter.

No comments: