Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pulling Your Own Weight

Venus v. Mars
2 8x8 oil on canvas
$165 - email here for info
This is another composition I've been playing with for some time - sketching, shading, generally trying to get each figure to pull his or her own weight. All part of the Must. Learn. To. Draw. effort. Each of these figures is handling the stress in a different way, throwing their weight onto one leg or the other, or transferring it to their ummm... posteriors (see #3 and #6). I understand this intellectually but describing it convincingly in paint is a great challenge for me. I don't know when I've ever had so much fun!!

1 comment:

Dana Cooper said...

I love these two paintings...what a clever idea and the title is great! You show the weight of the figures very well...I think Mars is winning.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog.