Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Catch
8x8 oil on canvas
$85 - click here to email
I've been sketching this little boy playing with his beach ball off and on for a week. Yes, in sketchbooks, but also on envelopes, napkins, and grocery lists. Everywhere I look in my life right now, there he is. And so, when I woke up this morning and knew I wanted to paint him, it happened quickly and easily. The only question remaining was the color of his bathing suit. I settled on UT burnt orange because that's what the boy in my family would want.

I just want to say that Mr. Right is my hero. The art room is arguably the best room in our house - it has windows on three sides and is located smack-dab in the middle of the action. Last night as I painted he was grilling our dinner. Today he and Lavagirl were playing in the pool, laughing and splashing, not 20 feet away. How lucky am I?

No comments: