Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Back to Painting Port Aransas

Sand Castle
8x8, oil on panel
sold
Painting this Port Aransas beach house had me dreaming of warmer weather. As I post, our thermometer reads a balmy 19 degrees - and for Central Texas, that's saying something. Glad we don't have the ice and snow our northern neighbors are grappling with... but don't tell my kids I said that. Their fingers are crossed for a snow day. This painting is going to Shark Boy's school auction later in the month.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like we are all missing warmer days. Love the brushstrokes and palette.

Linda Popple said...

Great palm tree and I love your sunny colors! Here we are still iced in and waiting for the sun and warm temps to return! Your painting brings a smile! :-)

Amy Hillenbrand said...

Fun Painting Mitzi, love the combo of the reds and the blues.

Virginia Floyd said...

I really like this! I makes me want to go to the beach! Those red doors really add a zing!