Pages

Sunday, May 7, 2017

A Pretty Little Junque Journal

I made a little book.... maybe we call it a "junque journal" or a "glue book."  I just wanted a place where I could cut and paste and paint and sew and write.  

For the base I used all kinds of papers, both vintage and new, including lots of Fabriano Artistico 140# Hotpress.  This paper makes me swoon.  I truly love it that much -- so great for any medium, from pen and watercolor to collage to acrylics.  The journal's design is based on Teesha Moore's Amazing 16-Page Journal (Google and find the videos on YouTube for excellent step-by-step).  "Amazing" is an understatement -- I've made a gozillion of these over the years.  A 16-page journal from one sheet of 22x30 paper.  Amazing.  

For this project I added a number of signatures.  I did most of the machine sewing before sewing the journal together. Blackboard paint, ball fringe and S&H Greenstamps, washi tape, doilies and dry cleaning tags, and flowers.  Lots of flowers.  Pure eye candy.  More photos to come!









1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are so creative!